Rights of Injured Workers in Tampa
Tampa Work Injury Lawyer
As a worker who has been injured on the job, you have certain rights. Protecting the rights of injured workers throughout Tampa and the surrounding areas is a primary focus of the experienced attorneys at Smith & Stallworth. We handle all types of workplace accident, injury and exposure claims for injured employees, working aggressively to protect their legal rights as we seek the full benefits to which they may be entitled. A Tampa work injury lawyer can guide you through the entire workers' compensation process, from the moment you file your claim all the way through to the payment of your benefits.
As an injured employee, you have the following rights under Florida workers' compensation laws:
- You have the right to benefits for any work-related injury or accident, including illness or injury caused by exposure at work or any other injury sustained in the performance of your job duties.
- You have the right to benefits on a no-fault basis, meaning you do not have to specifically prove your employer's negligence.
- You have the right to workers' comp benefits without having to pay income tax on these.
- You may have the right to permanent disability benefits if you will be unable to return to work at any time.
- You have the right to seek workers' compensation benefits without fear of retaliation by your employer, such as wrongful termination or demotion.
- You have the right to file a Petition for Benefits in the event of a workers' comp denial by your employer or the insurance company.
- You have the right to appeal a decision made by a workers' compensation judge.
Why a Tampa Workers' Compensation Attorney?
Although you have numerous rights when it comes to work injuries, it is important to have a legal professional who can actively assert these rights - if you are to take full advantage of each and every one.
Find out how we can help by contacting a Tampa Workers' Compensation Attorney at our firm today!